Friday, October 28, 2011

Gluten Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Pops

I'm a sucker for cute things. Anyone who knows me knows I overuse the word "cute"on a daily basis. So that's precisely why I couldn't resist giving cake pops a try. I think I quite possibly may be the last blogger to try these babies out, but I gave them a shot. There are just so...cute.

Forewarning. You all should know (if you don't already) that I'm all about convenience. I'm a busy grad student with a 40 hr/week internship on top of classes, and...(at this point, take out your violins, folks). That's why I chose to use a box gluten free cake mix. Saves on so much time- just add what's in the box and a couple ingredients, and BAM. You've got a cake.

Thanks to Bakerella for the inspiration for these cute little thangs. I'm officially hooked. Friends and family- be prepared to eat these cute gluten-free cake pops for a long time.

Gluten Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Pops
in honor of being a Buckeye...O-H-I-O.

Ingredients
-Boxed gluten free cake vanilla cake mix (Betty Crocker, baby.)
-1/2 c organic, natural peanut butter (I used Trader Joe's, best bang for your buck!)
-Melting dark chocolate (I used ChocoMaker, which is GF)
-Sprinkles
-Lollipop sticks (available at craft stores)
-Styrofoam block

Directions
-Bake cake according to box directions
-Let cool completely, and crumble up cake in a large bowl into small crumbs
-Mix peanut butter with cake until the cake is moist and able to be formed into a ball
-Make small cake balls with your hands, and pop in the freezer for 15 min
-Melt chocolate in microwave on defrost until melted
-Dip stick in chocolate, pop into cake ball, and let sit for a minute
-Dip cake ball in chocolate and tap on the side of the bowl to shake off excess chocolate
-Cover with sprinkles and place in styrofoam block until cool.

**for picture instructions, check out my gluten free chocolate raspberry cake pops


Eat up my friends, everyone deserves a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment