Monday, October 10, 2011

Greek Hummus

I am a hummus fanatic. Like, I honestly think it should have its own spot on MyPyramid. Sure, traditional hummus is delicious but I'm always excited to try new flavors. Here's a great recipe I thought I'd share, from my dear friend Andrea. Such a unique twist, enjoy!

Ingredients
  • 1 (15-ounce) can chick peas, drained
  • 1 lemon
  • 1 sprig fresh oregano, leaves chopped
  • A handful fresh flat-leaf parsley
  • 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
  • Salt
  • 2 rounded tablespoons tahini paste
  • Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1/4 cup kalamata olives, well drained, coarsely chopped
Directions
Combine chick peas, juice of 1 lemon, oregano and parsley in food processor. Mash garlic into paste with some salt pressing under the flat part of your knife then add garlic to processor along with tahini paste. Process hummus, drizzling in olive oil, until smooth then transfer to a bowl and stir in olives, reserving a few for garnish.

Serve dip with vegetable sticks or gluten free crackes (like Mary's Gone-- my favorite!)

No comments:

Post a Comment