Saturday, October 8, 2011

The Best Gluten Free Bread

Yep, I swear! This will be the best gluten free bread you will ever eat (and the cheapest/easiest to make!!) As a foodie/bread lover/poor college student with celiac disease, I have been searching for the tastiest, cheapest, quickest, and most delicious bread recipe. I have tried all of the breads available at Giant Eagle, Whole Foods, and specialty stores, and my favorite has been Against the Grain's baguette. This company makes a beautiful baguette and hits the spot everytime. After lots of experimenting, I have created a bread just like that. Yes folks, this bread is delicious, cheap, easy to make, and will hit your gluten-free-bread-spot every single time. I know at this point, you are probably drooling and your stomach is probably growling, so I'll get right to it.

Recipe:

1 egg
1/3 c olive oil (canola oil works well too)
2/3 c milk (I use 2% and it seems to work great)
1.5 c tapioca flour
1/2 c mozzarella cheese (you can use 2% cheese to lower the fat content)
1 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 400F. Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth (Yep, that's it!). Pour into mini muffin tins and bake 15-20 min, or until lightly brown on top. They make about 16-18 mini rolls. Another great thing about these is that you can freeze them and defrost at room temperature, and they still taste great (no toasting required, what a relief!) Also, the batter saves in the fridge for about a week, in case you do not use all of it at once... but I guarantee you that will not be the case---these little puppies are addicting!

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment