Saturday, October 8, 2011

Kale Chips

Hey all! Took a super long vacation from blogging, but I'm back at it. I totally want to share this awesome kale chip recipe with you all. I love kale chips, but they are way to expensive to buy. I tried to make them in the past, but always ended up burning them...such is life. Finally, FINALLY, I figured out how to make the best chip... get ready!


Kale Chips

1 bunch of kale, torn into pieces, stem removed
1 tbsp olive oil
salt to taste





Preheat the oven to the lowest temperature possible (mine is WM ((warm)), but 200F has worked for me too). Take the kale pieces, and rub the olive oil into them, making sure they are all covered. Toss with salt (or for other flavors, keep reading below!) and lay on lightly oiled baking sheet. Bake for 2 hours, or until crispy! I guarantee there will be no more burnt chips!!

Other fun flavas:
-Cheesy flavor: 1 tbsp nutritional yeast + 1 tbsp finely chopped walnuts
-Spicy: cayenne, red pepper flakes, minced garlic
-Curry: curry powder, lemon juice
-Mexican: chipotle pepper powder, cumin, garlic powder

KALE IS AN AWESOME FOOD! Chock full of Vitamins A, C, & K, and also a great source of calcium. This is such a fun/delicious/interesting way to eat your greens :)

No comments:

Post a Comment