Thursday, January 5, 2012

Power Salad

Well, it's been months since I've been blogging. I guess that's the life of a grad student! One of my resolutions is to regularly keep this blog up, so here I am-- January 5, 2012. And it begins!

Another one of my resolutions for this year is to eat more salads. I never, ever eat salads! I'm not completely sure why, but I imagine it has something to do with the "never full" feeling I have after eating them. So, my goal is to create some tasty, nutrient rich, and FILLING salads to give you energy all day long! Salads are like blank canvases for wonderful foods full of vitamins and nutrients. I am in love with this salad, as it has kept me full and given me energy throughout my 8 hour clinicals. There is something to be said about that! It's full of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, fiber, and healthy fats.

Power Salad

-2 cups organic baby spinach
-1/2 cup chick peas
-1/4 cup quinoa
-1/4 cup dried cherries
-1 tbsp chopped walnuts
-1/2 cup chopped red cabbage
-1/2 cup matchstick carrots
-2 tbsp tahini dressing


No comments:

Post a Comment